A Sacramento Truck Accident Law Firm That Has a Proven Track Record of Success
Tractor trailers have immense potential for destruction due to the fact that large mass equals large force. Truck collisions can oftentimes result in serious injuries, a lengthy recovery process, and costly medical care. These accidents can create a huge financial burden on an injured person and his or her family. Unfortunately, more often than not, the insurance company representing the trucking company will attempt to diminish payout and the degree of responsibility.
Truck Accident Causes Recognized by the National Transportation Safety Board
There is a multitude of factors that contribute to truck collisions and it’s instrumental that you determine the underlying cause of your accident. The most common elements that play a part in these accidents according to the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) include:
- Failure to follow posted traffic signage
- Aggressive or reckless driving
- Impaired vision from night driving
- Brake failure
- Adverse climate conditions such as snow and ice
- Driving under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol (DUI)
- Inadequate driver training and experience
- Driver fatigue
- Defective parts and equipment
- Failure to conduct regular inspections/maintenance
- Excess load
Parties Liable in Truck Accidents
Depending on the circumstances surrounding your, there may be one or more parties responsible for your damages. Responsible parties may potentially include:
- Equipment manufacturer
- Trucking company
- Driver of the truck
- Government agencies responsible for the keeping the conditions of the roads safe
- Negligent motorists
Winning Your Truck Accident Case
What Evidence Needs to Be Preserved from my Truck Accident?
To give yourself the best chance at winning your case, you’ll need to demonstrate if and where the liable parties failed to adhere to safety regulations and how their failure contributed to your resulting injuries and other damages. A qualified attorney can help you preserve, compile and examine evidence related to your accident. This evidence may include:
- Hours of service documentation, records of compliance in accordance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety regulations, records of driver’s qualifications and training, background and character records, inspection records and records of substance and alcohol testing
- Maintenance records, history of inspections, onboard systems data, onboard GPS records and recording
- Driver communication logs, dispatching records, bills of lading, weight tickets, trip envelopes, delivery documents, and other documents that are produced in the routine course of business.
- Weight tickets, delivery documents, trip envelopes, driver’s communication logs, dispatching records, and other documents pertaining to their business
However key evidence can be damaged, get lost or fade over time, so it’s highly advised that you consult an attorney as soon as possible.
What Kind of Compensation Can I Receive from a Truck Accident?
The value of your compensation depends on some variables such as the extent and type of injuries and your prognosis, your age, and the strength of your case. You may receive compensation for:
- Physical impairment
- The Past, present, and future pain and suffering
- Past and future medical fees
- Loss of earning capacity and wages
Our attorneys work with economic experts, accident reconstruction specialists, and medical specialists to determine and authenticate the full extent of your damages. It’s our shared primary goal to make sure that you receive fair and full compensation for your damages, so you and your family can feel as secure as possible.
Our attorneys are committed to upholding justice and are beyond ready and willing to take your case to trial if necessary. We work for you and truly believe that your case deserves the very best representation possible. We maintain the philosophy that places our clients’ needs front and center, which in turn fuels our pursuit of optimal case resolutions. The meticulous, honest, enterprising and highly principled representation of our clients is the heart of this firm.