Due to the lack of protection afforded by motorcycles, injuries are often severe in a motorcycle accident. If you’re facing costly medical bills and time away from work, it can be financially crippling for you and your family. It’s crucial that you have an experienced lawyer on your side to ensure your rights are protected.
A lot of insurance companies will tell you “well, don’t hire an attorney. They’re just going to take money out of your pocket and you’re not going to get anymore.” Well, believe us, that’s not always the case. And so why is it that you want to hire a personal injury attorney?
Here are just 9 reasons why hiring an attorney can benefit your claim:
- You’ve got the insurance company that’s going to try to pay you as little as possible. You need someone on your side that has the ammunition and is willing to go to court if necessary to fight for you.
- You need someone who is going to explain the process to you so you know what to expect.
- You need someone who is going to collect the evidence for you.
- You need someone who is going to evaluate the medical records for you.
- You need someone who is going to explain the process if you go into litigation, how that works.
- You will need someone to prepare you for your deposition.
- You will need someone who knows the value of your case so they can advise you as to what is fair.
- A motorcycle attorney is going to be probably a little bit easier for you to identify if you ride a motorcycle. Let’s face it. There is a lot of people that have prejudices against motorcyclists. But someone who rides is going to be able to identify with you and hopefully you will be able to identify with them.
- The biggest thing that you want is a trial attorney. Because if else fails in the negotiation process, you are going to want someone who can file a lawsuit. Go to court and represent your interest. Explain your case in front of a jury so that you get the fair compensation that you are entitled to.
The attorneys at Zappettini and Bradley have been fighting for the rights of motorcycle accident victims in the Sacramento area for over 20 years. We know the tricks used by insurance companies to unfairly reduce your compensation, and we know how to accurately determine the total value of your damages. This will give you the edge you need when seeking to maximize your compensation. Contact us today if you have been injured in a motorcycle accident.